• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Favourite Game In The Series?

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
My all time favorite is Resident Evil Remake, no contest. It is followed by CODE: Veronica, Resident Evil 2 (1998) and Resident Evil 5.

- Remake represents the peak of the classic Survival Horror formula perfectly blended with realism. The game is perfect, plain and simple.

- CODE represents how perfectly connected a classic story could be mixed with great gameplay and for the first time optional story tasks rewarded you with something. Also getting to revisit some of the same areas but with new twists was fantastic and the atmosphere kind of felt like something medieval, very reminiscent of Bram Stoker's Dracula. That Transylvanian vibe with B.O.W's is something very unique in the series and CODE was the only game that nailed it.

- Resident Evil 2 to me is the most polished PSOne game I've ever played, the enemy physics and how they reacted to damage (like pushing one zombie against the others and they all fell down, unlike RE1 where they stun-locked you to death), the game was just ahead of its time. The zapping system worked perfectly and by that you could feel that your supporting character was truly there with you trying to survive the nightmare.
It was the most perfect sequel I had the pleasure to play, fantastic story, masterful atmosphere, soundtrack and an overall enjoyable adventure that kept me coming back for more.

- Resident Evil 5 to me is for the PS3 what RE2 was for the PSOne. It truly is one of the most polished experiences of that generation and overall one of the most polished entries in the entire series.
From graphics, story, sounds design, soundtrack, combat and item management with your partner, every single detail notably had a great amount of effort into it. Some people might say that Sheva does this and that but she is YOUR responsability, I've been playing the game for years and Sheva never really bothered me. The only people that get her into trouble are the ones that have the mentality of RE5 being a run n' gun game... No, you still have to plan strategies, command your partner and discover the safest route to defeat your enemy or horde. The game is as polished as it can get both solo or co-op.
Whether it is gun combat or hand-to-hand everything just feels so smooth and genuine. It easily is the best modern RE game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

My favourite re game is re6.

My reasons are:

1. It was the game that got me into the series so ı have a special spot for it.

2. I like how 4 campaigns connect to each other storywise very well. Story is great too; good amount of fanservice while solving plotlines related to previous re games similar to re5. The unlockable files also add depth to the story.

3. Action horror gameplay style is improved from re4 and re5.

4. Awesome voice acting for the characters. Great character interactions too.

5. Best mercenaries mode along with no mercy mode as well as agent hunt.

6. Awesome characters.

7. C-virus which is my favourite virus in the series. Great enemy variety and designs.

8. I like the over the top nature of it.

I also mostly agree with this video:

Last edited:
REmake of course.
The greatest game of all time imo.
Perfect blend of survival horror and action.
This is the Citizen Kane of video games tbh.
A cinematic masterpiece with a masterful script and unrivaled atmosphere.
True masterpiece that owes everything to the 96’ game that paved the way for it.

RE7, followed by, in no particular order, RE1, RE2, and RE5.

RE7 - Most terrifying, most realistic, and best characters.

RE1 - Created the series, atmospheric and original.

RE2 - Expanded the universe in all the right ways, best enemy designs.

RE5 - Made me a RE fan in the first place, good story.

Last edited:

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!

RE2 for me. It's such an upgrade from RE1 in many ways and it still aged really well. Story, weapons, characters, action, ( I personally like the over the top nature of RE and this was the game that started it actually instead of RE4, it focuses on action and over the top nature more than the 1st game. Don't like how they took out some of the fun elements of the previous RE games in RE7 ( and even in RE2 Remake ) and nerfed it for a generic horror game. ) soundtrack, locations and more.

Oh and it has best credits theme:

Really wished RE2 Remake was as good as this....

Code Veronica
Creepy atmosphere, loved reading the files from the prisoners. People who love classic RE but can't get into CV I do not understand.. it has all the amazing elements from a good RE game.

I also loved Steve, people are way too hard on him. Remember he's 17 years old and have gone through some major traumatic events.. And his story with Claire was very touching back when the game came out.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Code Veronica
Creepy atmosphere, loved reading the files from the prisoners. People who love classic RE but can't get into CV I do not understand.. it has all the amazing elements from a good RE game.

I also loved Steve, people are way too hard on him. Remember he's 17 years old and have gone through some major traumatic events.. And his story with Claire was very touching back when the game came out.

I also don't understand people who can't get into CV, the game is harder than the previous ones for sure but it isn't that hard. People also complain about backtracking but forget the map was bigger than anything prior to it, obviously we would need to backtrack a bit more.
It is everything that made Resident Evil, Resident Evil.

My favorite has to be Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

- We get to explore the city for a huge part of the game which is pretty awesome and a nice change from the first two games.
- Better gameplay with ammo powders, the dodge system, multiple choices at some points and randomized enemy placements in some rooms.
- Nemesis as a relentless, terrifying monster.
- Being able to use the environment to fight bosses (the acid faucets and the rail cannon for Nemesis, electricity for the worm).

Granted the game misses a couple things (such as multiple scenarios like in RE1 and 2) but imo the good outweighs the bad.

I liked the original Resident Evil game before the soundtrack change, because I like the original mansion. That is my favorite classic Resident Evil game. And as far as modern-era Resident Evil games, I liked the 5th one because of the graphics and surround sound.

Bringing this back from the old biohaze. What is your favourite game in the series? If possible, explain your reasons too.
My favorite game will always be RE6. While it wasn't the best in the horror experience department, it was the best gaming experience I ever had. The gameplay was fun and dynamic. The story was satisfying to follow and there was 4 of them to experience. The characters were complex and interesting. Everything about it was so good!

Bringing this back from the old biohaze. What is your favourite game in the series? If possible, explain your reasons too.
My number 1 favorite is Resident Evil 5.

Reasons:
- I love Chris Redfield and this Story was for him. He was this time the only main character with all the others as a supporting characters.
- Loved all the supporting characters, Jill, Wesker, Sheva, Excella, Josh, great cast in my opinion.
- Loved all the cutscenes, very well done, specially Chris/Sheve vs Wesker/Jill fight.
- Loved that History of Resident Evil files where they faithfully told the history of resident evil up until RE5.
- Loved the Mercenaries mode. Way better than Resident Evil 4.
- Loved how in RE5 you don't get lost looking for a dawn key, it's very intuitive where to go and where to find the key, unlikely RE1 which is nearly impossible to discover what to do when you play the game for the very first time. I remember that back in 1996 I had to buy one of those magazines that tell you the whole path of the game in other to finish Resident Evil 1, nowadays people can just go to youtube and find a full walkthrough video but back in 1996 we had to depend on those magazines about tutorial of games. It was tough being a young man back then.
- Loved the songs, audio, graphics, ability to change costume and that new costume to appear on the cut scene.

Anyway, Resident Evil 5 is my very best resident evil game.

But very close in second place I have Resident Evil 6 which it was amazing and it is up until this day the largest resident evil game. I also loved the characters, but this story from Chris perspective was short, that one of the reason I think RE5 is best for a Chris fan. In RE5 we spend more time with Chris, while in RE6 his campaign is shorter than his RE5 campaign. But anyway, I loved Chris in both games. And I specially love Chris and Piers together as a team.

RE2 is certainly my favourite, but maybe that's because it's my first foray into the series and survival horror genre. I've got a lot of close personal runner ups, such as the remake. The remake is the one I'd always recommend first because it's the scariest and best designed in my view, but RE2 should definitely be a very close second.

The minute you tell people it's RE4 they should play first, the "you're not a true fan" stuff will likely arise. :D

Top Bottom