• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RECV Pablo Kuntz Voicing Wesker During RECV Scenes

I like all of Wesker's voice actors. I really genuinely miss the character in general. To me, RE isn't the same without him. 🤨

I kind of wish RE5 wasn't made how it was. But it is what it is. I don't think he was even in much of 5, until like the last three quarters of the game. And Jill didn't get the honour. That went to Sheva instead. 😝

Reactions: MGr

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I like all of Wesker's voice actors. I really genuinely miss the character in general. To me, RE isn't the same without him. 🤨

I kind of wish RE5 wasn't made how it was. But it is what it is. I don't think he was even in much of 5, until like the last three quarters of the game. And Jill didn't get the honour. That went to Sheva instead. 😝
They all do their work fine but ı think the most fitting va for wesker is pablo kuntz. Without him, wesker doesnt feel like himself but a generic clown instead. Recv did very well by him but recvx ruins the game's story due to unnecessarily changed script.

As for re5; ı would rather treat him as a clone. Just like all of wesker's appearances after recvx. Plus ı just cant stand to his overexposure as an antagonist. Even after his supposed " death " , his " umbrella " drags on instead. I dont think jake would exist either if wesker appeared in re6 along with his " umbrella ".

Last edited:
No offence to the guy but these were... not good in my opinion. The OG crappiness has its own charm of course but the tone is something never to be repeated.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
No offence to the guy but these were... not good in my opinion. The OG crappiness has its own charm of course but the tone is something never to be repeated.
Well ı dont see them " crappy " at all. I think his voice fits to wesker during these scenes fine. And imo the interactions between stars cast is more enjoyable during og game than remake's, all remake has from a story value is lisa trevor and that's it to me.

It's 50/50 if CV gets remade, with how Capcom seems to think it's a spin off, but besides the voice acting probably being atrocious, I think it will be very watered down with Steve being more "serious" and with cut enemies, and just a lot of unnecessary fat trimming.

Plus, there's no way third person really works for a game like CV either. The fixed camera angles made it look unique as you were fighting the giant spider for example, and the worm thing. I just don't think the remake would be able to recapture the brilliance of the original. Plus, I bet Capcom being Capcom will charge you for the original soundtrack, and it will not play in sync. LOL.

Don't be surprised. I have zero faith after seeing how the other remakes were done. Although the remake of 4 was not bad, I guess I am not too critical of it since 4 isn't one of my favourite entries.

Top Bottom