• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Left 4 Dead “Resident Evil” Mods

Mr.PajamaPants06

Writer, Director. Self-Proclaimed Comedian.
Anyone have Left 4 Dead 1 and 2?

I mainly ask because I’ve recently come across various mods on Steam that I think Resident Evil fans will love. Modders have recreated Resident Evil 1-3, as well as each scenario from Outbreak file 1, complete with music and such, and it’s a really fun and fresh way to re-experience the series.

Obviously the mods aren’t perfect, but they do enough to make you feel like you’re back in the RE universe, and puzzle solving remains completely intact, especially when it comes to Outbreak.

I’ve had so many fantasies about Outbreak x Last Escape crossover scenarios, where Jill and UBCS help Kevin and other survivors leave the city, and with mods like this I get to run scenarios like that!

Anyone else know or play this kind of stuff? I would honestly like to start a group or something of some sort, as these mods even support multiplayer games, and most of these mods get crappy reviews from kids who just want to run and gun. It’d be cool if they got more support.

Yama

Owner
Anyone have Left 4 Dead 1 and 2?

I mainly ask because I’ve recently come across various mods on Steam that I think Resident Evil fans will love. Modders have recreated Resident Evil 1-3, as well as each scenario from Outbreak file 1, complete with music and such, and it’s a really fun and fresh way to re-experience the series.

Obviously the mods aren’t perfect, but they do enough to make you feel like you’re back in the RE universe, and puzzle solving remains completely intact, especially when it comes to Outbreak.

I’ve had so many fantasies about Outbreak x Last Escape crossover scenarios, where Jill and UBCS help Kevin and other survivors leave the city, and with mods like this I get to run scenarios like that!

Anyone else know or play this kind of stuff? I would honestly like to start a group or something of some sort, as these mods even support multiplayer games, and most of these mods get crappy reviews from kids who just want to run and gun. It’d be cool if they got more support.
Super LTTP, but I've been playing these with friends and am absolutely floored with the quality of these modified campaigns. Feel free to add me on Steam if you'd like to play sometime.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I do. L4d2 is how ı learned re franchise in the 1st place, through re6. It was way back in 2013 at that time.

As for mods; ı remember relying on re6 ones. There was a mod as multiple character replacements which featured leon, chris, jake and ada. I also remember relying on another one which featured sherry. They are the reasons why ı decided to get into the game eventually. I wasnt even aware of what was going on with re fanbase at that time.

I didnt play online that much not to mention once ı learned how to use console command; ı relied on commands to increase the fun factor. I remember finding a way to play that mode that allowed players to play as creatures offline even though it's supposed to be played online. Re6's agent hunt mode reminded me of that quite a bit.

But anyway; ı dont play those games that much anymore. It's been a long while. I dont think ı played them online that much either. From valve games; the one that ı played online the most was csgo which had a cringy fanbase in my experience and the updates kinda decreased my enjoyment of the game. Skin system especially is simply terrible.

Wow those are gorgeous! :love: I may have to dust off L4D and play these, I didn't realize they redid so many of the games fully. Better DLC than most of what we've got from Cappy tbh lol

I do. L4d2 is how ı learned re franchise in the 1st place, through re6. It was way back in 2013 at that time.

As for mods; ı remember relying on re6 ones. There was a mod as multiple character replacements which featured leon, chris, jake and ada. I also remember relying on another one which featured sherry. They are the reasons why ı decided to get into the game eventually. I wasnt even aware of what was going on with re fanbase at that time.

I didnt play online that much not to mention once ı learned how to use console command; ı relied on commands to increase the fun factor. I remember finding a way to play that mode that allowed players to play as creatures offline even though it's supposed to be played online. Re6's agent hunt mode reminded me of that quite a bit.

But anyway; ı dont play those games that much anymore. It's been a long while. I dont think ı played them online that much either. From valve games; the one that ı played online the most was csgo which had a cringy fanbase in my experience and the updates kinda decreased my enjoyment of the game. Skin system especially is simply terrible.
That actually may be the most unique way of getting into RE I've ever heard loool. I remember that crossover clearly, it was a really nice one as a fan of both games!

Resident-Evil-6-x-Left-4-Dead-2-PC-Announcement-Screenshot-2.jpg

This is actually giving me major nostalgia x.x

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That actually may be the most unique way of getting into RE I've ever heard loool. I remember that crossover clearly, it was a really nice one as a fan of both games!

View attachment 1808

This is actually giving me major nostalgia x.x

Yeah ı remember playing mercenaries no mercy a good amount. It was fun while it was lasted but it's been a while since ı played it. It's a bit too mindless to my liking and while ı remember liking j'avo stages; zombie stages are really tricky. My favourite modes to still play are campaigns and normal mercenaries. The mods added even more to the replay value of the game.

Top Bottom