• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Random Thoughts

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı'm not sure if this is the best place to say this but ı want to post my rankings about god of war games' stories, greek era only:

1. Gow1

Imo this game has the best story in the franchise. It's about kratos getting revenge from ares who betrayed him and his backstory is implemented to the story very well. It feels scary and satisfying to learn through it. By the time, kratos kills ares; he becomes god of war.

2. Ascension

Prequel to all god of war games. I feel like kratos is humanized here very well and ares is very relevant to plot here. The furies as antagonists are very interesting imo and the journey feels so satisfying. I also love orkos as well, he's a very tragic character.

3. Gow3

The end to greek era and a satisfying conclusion to kratos' adventures on greece. The journey overall feels very satisfying to go through. However even though it's my favourite god of war game, ı feel like storywise it could have been much better. I would prefer more greek gods as antagonists. I also wished kratos worked with titans more, his journey to underworld feels so forced and that area is quite tedious to go through. I think it would be nice if it was based more on old concept. I dont fully remember what it is but there are some aspects that ı wished was present in the game.

4. Ghost of sparta

Quite underrated. It explains a lot of info and connects gow1 and gow2 to each other well. I also like deimos a lot and while the story might be pointless at the end due to him dying, at the same time, it's quite tragic. The brothers fight against each other and later on team up against thanatos.

5. Gow2

While ı love the game a lot, storywise there isnt really much here. If anything it causes unnecessary confusion. Mainly due to kratos changing his fate and going back in time to get his revenge on zeus. It's satisfying to go through and ı love alrik a lot, his boss fight is the best part in the game ı think.

6. Chains of olympus

Easily the weakest one. It's extremely filler. It's about saving helios who is killed in gow3 in a very brutal way. It's mainly to show kratos working with greek gods in a boring way and it also unnecessarily spoils the backstory for kratos which can hurt gow1 despite being a prequel. His moments with calliope are very heartwarming and tragic however there isnt much of them here. And just like gow3, kratos' journey to underworld is so forced that it hurts.

I'm not gonna rank gow4 here cause it's set in another place. Not to mention ı never played it and while ı watched its cutscenes, ı still dont remember much about it. But at the end of the day, it feels unnecessary and ı feel like kratos' journey ended with gow3.

Yama

Owner
Anyone thinking of getting Dying Light 2? 4 player co-op, could be fun. Thinking of trying it out when it hits this week.

I loved the second game, when it came out almost 5 years ago. It was like an action packed Silent Hill game, and yet, few people really cared for it. In my opinion, it was the best real horror game of the 2010s, and something I long to see more of.

Some of the enemies do give you those vibes. In fact, one such enemy, the Keeper, has a bank safe for a head. But he's supposed to be a homage to Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2. Why anybody thinks it's a bad game, I don't understand. It's better than even RE8.

is there a chance for third person view? I don't know why all the NEW videogames has to be always in first person, they are not trying anymore with animations.
I’m with you on the first person stuff, it’s a cop out and lazy way to portray a main character. Especially when they deliberately hide their face like Ethan and want you to feel like you are in the game… yourself lmao.

At least in games like Fallout 3 and on could change view. Gamers these days want more options on how to approach their games. Only 3rd person game to give me motion sickness though was ORC.. which was an impressive feat.

Screw motion blur and camera shaking in games. I only came across a few games were it couldn’t be turned off but still. Who in their right mind enjoys getting motion sick and disoriented?🤢

Yama

Owner
Screw motion blur and camera shaking in games. I only came across a few games were it couldn’t be turned off but still. Who in their right mind enjoys getting motion sick and disoriented?🤢
Agreed. Head bob and camera shake drive me crazy, especially when playing on KBM.

There's a State of Play event happening today, I believe. Can that mean something will be announced for Resident Evil fans? ;)

My mum is doing okay. I cannot say she is out of the woods yet, though.

Thank you for the continued support. :)

I am really bored these days. :p
I relate with this 100% Honestly I don't give a shit for a new RE game because since Umbrella Corps everything is ruined for me, Capcom polarized the fanbase too much that I can't even stand them. I'm not interested in new videogames and to the idea to play a new Cinematic progressive AAA Sony game, the idea makes me want to barf.

I always told myself if RE were to die or I would lose interest; I would quit gaming altogether. Especially around 2018 when all these AAA games were coming out like GoW reboot and RDR2; where people were raving about them being masterpieces. I couldn’t make it through any of them and realized that gaming was changing and I may have started to finally grow out of it.

Thankfully Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West have won me back over, but my god can developers stop with the first person horror games? They are a dime a dozen on most platforms and are a cheap tactic to get a few jump scares out of people and nothing more. It’s essentially fast food gaming in my eyes.

If people wanna do first person make it VR only. I am a firm believer first person mainly belongs in the shooter genre, because that is where it shines the best and is also it’s very own foundation with Wolfenstein and Doom. Otherwise we get over saturated with walking simulator’s that feel like a waste of time.

Still looking forward to Callisto Protocol and Dead Space Remake. Also, I hope Project ILL becomes a thing, despite it being first person. I love body horror stuff.

Last edited:
This post isn't about RE for once. LOL. But I have toothache. Got a repair kit for a filling, but no clue what to do. I am not a dentist.

My check-up dental appointment isn't for another month. But with a check-up, you usually have to go back for any treatment. :p

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı finally managed to find a way to play dmc5 properly on my new gaming laptop. I had an issue with the game's button prompts for my controller however ı solved that by connecting a ps3 controller and playing with that instead of dualshock controller exclusive for pc.

I played as vergil today by unlocking his super costume through buying. I could have unlocked that if ı beat dante must die normally but ı didnt want to spend unnecessary amount of gold orbs so ı quickly bought that.

Gotta say, vergil's really op. His finishing moves are really powerful, especially beowulf one which is some sort of a volcano type of attack. Judgement cut end returns as usual and deep stinger is also really useful.

I beat a few stages normally on highest difficulty but ı beat the remaining ones using his super costume. Honestly spamming finisher moves made the fights really easy for the most part. Volcano one just melts hp really, really quick.

Though ı was also disappointed by a few things. The major issue ı have is the same issue that both dmc3 and dmc4 had, vergil's stages. He just goes through the same stages protagonists go through. This was really annoying, especially after dmc reboot, as much as ı dislike it, gave him his own levels.

I also didnt like doppelganger. It just felt confusing with awkward button prompts and it replacing devil trigger just didnt sit well with me. Sure there's still sin devil trigger but it takes time to activate that, you need to hold a button. I think vergil should have had another devil trigger or even nelo angelo form from dmc3. I also would have liked if there was a sparda devil trigger too. All of that sounds better than doppelganger. Idk ı think doppelganger fits to dante better like in dmc3, not vergil.

Lastly dante boss fight. It didnt feel as polished as dmc4 boss fight. He has a super armor that prevents him from being interrupted by attacks. Like when ı attacked him after he performed his combo, he wasnt affected, he quickly countered it with another attack.

I didnt want to spam finishing moves on him as much as ı did for other special fights but deep stinger is really useful against him. Eventually ı relied on that more.

Overall ı enjoyed playing as vergil but at the same time, it felt disappointing. He could have been fleshed out so much more. It's a so-so type of experience ı would say.

Top Bottom