• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE5 Sheva In RE5

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
929198_20080820_screen010.png

Did anyone play as sheva in re5? How is the experience when playing as her?

Most of the time, ı played as chris when playing the game. I played as sheva a few times but her being left-handed affects the gameplay a bit. It's a bit hard to focus imo due to this and camera isnt the greatest either. I wished we could switch hands like in re6, ı loved that feature a lot.

I dont have this issue when playing as jill in her dlcs but with sheva, her being left handed makes the gameplay uncomfortable a bit imo.

In my 12+ years of playing RE5 almost every day, I played as Sheva 99% of the time.

The only times I've played as Chris was on my first run, mercenaries, and rarely when I join a game where the host is playing as Sheva.

She is my favorite RE female. My tribute to Sheva.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I always loved playing as Sheva with the longbow. So satisfying.
Yeah that weapon is cool. It's been a while since ı used that but when ı tried it, it showed crosshair ( The weapon doesnt have laser available unlike others. ) and ı believe arrows home in to targets. I would say ı like it more than chris' gatling gun which has a backpack that obscures the behind. Though in mercenaries, it's quite hard to melee kill enemies with one of sheva's alternate outfits that has that weapon. The only proper way to get melee kills really is to rely on grenade launcher.

I think ı like it more than ada's bowgun in re4 separate ways as well which is clumsy to use but ı still like claire's bowgun in recv and ada's crossbow in re6 more.

Yeah that weapon is cool. It's been a while since ı used that but when ı tried it, it showed crosshair ( The weapon doesnt have laser available unlike others. ) and ı believe arrows home in to targets. I would say ı like it more than chris' gatling gun which has a backpack that obscures the behind. Though in mercenaries, it's quite hard to melee kill enemies with one of sheva's alternate outfits that has that weapon. The only proper way to get melee kills really is to rely on grenade launcher.

I think ı like it more than ada's bowgun in re4 separate ways as well which is clumsy to use but ı still like claire's bowgun in recv and ada's crossbow in re6 more.
There's no crosshair with the controller. You gotta eyeball them. Another reason why RE5 offers more room for skill development with the gamepad.

In my longbow only run, I had to shoot the Majinjs on the crane/bridge in Chapter 6 all the way from the top of the ladder. It was fun to estimate the curve.

View attachment 1586

Did anyone play as sheva in re5? How is the experience when playing as her?

Most of the time, ı played as chris when playing the game. I played as sheva a few times but her being left-handed affects the gameplay a bit. It's a bit hard to focus imo due to this and camera isnt the greatest either. I wished we could switch hands like in re6, ı loved that feature a lot.

I dont have this issue when playing as jill in her dlcs but with sheva, her being left handed makes the gameplay uncomfortable a bit imo.
I played as her once, but I didn't play through the entire campaign as her. It wasn't too bad but I was thrown off a bit by her being left handed.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı finished playing as sheva after a long while. Out of my curiosity, ı replayed re5 with her and to my surprise, ı enjoyed playing as her more than ı was remembering. It was overall similar as playing chris, though ı decided to rely on longbow and ı enjoyed using that weapon. She's also more faster than chris with faster melee moves though ı dont find her melee attacks as impacful as chris' punches. Still it was quite fun.

Honestly after playing as her, ı can safely say that ı think re5 is better than re4, particularly chris' scenario compared to leon's. However ı still get underwhelmed from jill's dlcs. I prefer separate ways over jill's short stories. I still wished they gave jill a more proper scenario. Rerev could have been this but it changes the playable characters during the story. If it was more akin to rerev2 where claire and barry would get their own episodic scenarios, then ı think ı would have liked it more.

I also relied on a trainer to change melee attacks. I dont like arm stun melee attacks in re5 so ı modified those to different ones. It feels hard to downright impossible to perform finishers constantly on majinis with aı partner, with the trainer, it became much more possible and easier to do so.

I can see myself going back to replaying the game now. It's been a while, ı dont have as many hours on re5 compared to re4 and re6.

Love Sheva and hope she comes back in future games. The experience playing as her is fine for the most part... EXCEPT for the final boss fight against Wesker. Having to rapid press the buttons for a long time to hold on to the ledge and eventually climb back up is beyond frustrating to me. I loathe sequences where pushing the damn button fast is the only way to pass it. It's one thing I'm glad RE4 Remake removed.

Also, back to Sheva, I love her primary melee attack (Spinning Roundhouse). It looks amazing, really highlights Sheva's grace and athletic flexibility, and has great range capable of hitting multiple opponents even if they're on the ground. Especially awesome in Mercenaries when you use her Tribal outfit and you use those Nitrogen grenade rounds.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Love Sheva and hope she comes back in future games. The experience playing as her is fine for the most part... EXCEPT for the final boss fight against Wesker. Having to rapid press the buttons for a long time to hold on to the ledge and eventually climb back up is beyond frustrating to me. I loathe sequences where pushing the damn button fast is the only way to pass it. It's one thing I'm glad RE4 Remake removed.

Also, back to Sheva, I love her primary melee attack (Spinning Roundhouse). It looks amazing, really highlights Sheva's grace and athletic flexibility, and has great range capable of hitting multiple opponents even if they're on the ground. Especially awesome in Mercenaries when you use her Tribal outfit and you use those Nitrogen grenade rounds.
Yeah dont get me started on that qte. It drags on way too long. Quite annoying one.

A remake of RE5 would probably be enjoyable for the action and multiplayer aspects. But if you like your games scary and atmospheric, 5 barely qualifies as any of this. It's still fun, I suppose. But once Wesker dies in the original, you feel like a part of RE kind of died with him.

Top Bottom