• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Wesker In RE:4

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
FFPFuS_WYAUqegx.jpg

This was shared by someone on twitter. It's wesker's design in upcoming re:4's separate ways portion.

What do you think about it? I'm personally not the biggest fan of this. While it looks good, seeing wesker all in black looks much more charming than this.

I wonder about his arm though. Why is it bandaged?

I think it makes him look less menacing and more like a L.A. Noire criminal. Vests dont really suit his character, nor does a holster. I also dont get why they bandaged his arm up since he isnt really supposed to be vulnerable due to having his powers already, though in the final version it may just be to make him look edgy. He looks less like the "Master behind the curtain" that he is known for in UC, 4 and 5.

I wonder what is up with that arm. I thought maybe they were going with him being burnt in CVX, but in that game his face is burnt and not his arm.
Maybe he'll have a more active role in the game?

I am on the fence.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It's definitely not the burn mark he received from recv, between all those times, it would heal quickly. The bandaged arm looks so pointless and makes him look really pathetic.

Idk how he might have more active role in the game considering he's behind the shadows during the events of re4.

I also dont like his handgun. It's missing the silencer. Not to mention why show that? It's unnecessary.

I wish they released more info about ada though since she was working with wesker during this time. She's my favourite character in re4 and ı like her storyline much more than the main game portion.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
not his arm.
Sorry for the late reply but ı watched the cutscene of alexia vs wesker again. Alexia sets wesker's left arm on fire though he quickly recovers.

You can see it here:

1:48

That being said, ı still feel like the bandaged arm looks stupid. Idk if ı should say this but ı'm getting 2 things from this:

a. Capcom's trying to say something like " We'll mock recv by pointlessly referencing it and at the same time, we wont do anything about it. " . This makes the reference extremely stupid and meaningless. Re3 2020 already mocks re6 in an obnoxious way so this isnt out of possibility.

b. Capcom's actually considering to reimagine recv after re4 and the bandaged arm is a clue for that. Idk why they should do this; if capcom actually considered reimagining recv, they would do it before re4. But they are recreating re4 and even made revillage very similar to re4 to the point the game feels like a re4 reimagining. So this seems highly unlikely.

But anyway; ı would like to see your thoughts about this.

Ah. So Mr. Douglas has been rehired by Capcom. 😎

It's only right. But it's not often the OG actors get that honour. I still remember the fuss about Alyson Court not being selected to voice Claire in the remake, and Stephanie Panisello was a great replacement.

If they roll with this concept art, then his injuries in a potential CVX remake will be more severe. However this also will retcon Umbrella’s End and possibly Operation Javier since he is depicted as being fully healed after the events of CVX.

I think he looks more grizzled, which is cool but at the same time I am getting sick of Capcom throwing preestablished lore into a blender just because “realism.”

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Dc douglas didnt voice wesker in re4 though. Richard waugh did. So it's not og actor returning.

I've seen on twitter where people voicing their concerns to have waugh voice him. Dc douglas' reputation is ruined on twitter and a lot of hate is directed towards him. I would rather not speak about that.

throwing preestablished lore

Dont worry, it wont replace og game. It would most likely be alternative take on the game in the same way re2 and re3 got recreated with reimaginings.

I hope they do a CVX remake, because there's going to be serious continuity issues if they don't. Imagine what that would look like under the RE Engine and over the shoulder. Be interesting.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I hope they do a CVX remake, because there's going to be serious continuity issues if they don't. Imagine what that would look like under the RE Engine and over the shoulder. Be interesting.
They wont and honestly there's really no need. I already like darkside chronicles' recv retelling more than og game these days. It's more comfortable to go through.

Another way to accept re engine games' take on re2 and re3 along with og games would be to take them as alex wesker's simulation. Considering she appears in resistance, maybe reimaginings take place between re7 and revillage. But this is a theory that ı believe it's possible right now, ı wanted to mention it after discussing it with a friend of mine yesterday.

I had completely forgotten Wesker got his arm burnt when he meets Alexia. Which is terrible, because it's my fave in the series. I was just thinking about the ending of CV. I really need to play the game again!

Douglas is currently denying everything. I don't know what to believe. I won't go into the drama. I never liked the man to begin with, so I don't care.

Personally, I don't think any more remakes are really needed, though if they will start trying to be faithful to the originals I'll be okay. I already see what changes will probably be made to 4make given that they have censored some of the Oculus port, so we may see the personalities and roles of characters change in it to make it more "appropriate" for the current social climate. If the bandages on his arm are from the events of CV, then it shows they don't care for what's been established and want to do their own thing, though if it isnt it still ignores Wesker's regenerative abilities, especially since in the original he literally just shrugged the fire off and didn't act like it bothered him, other than being an annoyance. Maybe I'm wrong and they will have a good reason, though I think 4 shouldn't need a remake for a while, given how well its held up.

I do agree on the not really needing more remakes, though that is mainly because of how 3 was treated. I remember being a bit upset when I heard about a possible 4make, because the game doesn't feel that outdated to me at all. Granted, the controls aren't fantastic when you just start it, but they never bothered me and are easy to get used to.

Considering how parts of 4 were censored, I wouldn't be surprised if CVX -in the event of a remake- would see some massive changes that wouldn't make me too happy.

It's weird. I love the series, but have never been on the fence about so many things before.

That's just it. I have to question just how faithful these remakes are. The first remake on the other hand, was perfect in that it was the original game, just made to be so much better. Basically, how Shinji Mikami probably wanted it to be in 1996, but he was unable to achieve that objective until 2002. These modern takes on the originals make the characters we knew back then, seem like teeny bopper versions today. And they cut up the plot, and removed a lot of enemies, got lazy with a lot of things, and repeated scenes, which buggered up the story in general. And the same applies to both of the modern remakes. So it shouldn't be the old case of, "Well, RE2 is awesome just because I think the original is the best survival horror game ever, when 3 is just as diluted!"

But for anybody who says they don't want a CV remake: I think it's silly to basically remake every mainline game, besides maybe the prequel, and then ignore CV in favor of going straight to 4, just because 4 is more popular, when give or take, it's Capcom working on things in the wrong order if you do things that way, because of how important CV is. Although it just goes to show how little faith even Capcom has in the franchise when they just want to rehash their back catalogue of titles, and a lot of fans could argue that, other than due to being plagued with outdated controls and a few minor complaints, RE4 doesn't really need to be remade. Yet it's obviously gold to Capcom, as 4 is available on everything including mobiles, and so they know people will be gullible, buy it, then bitch about all of the absent stuff later on.

Quite frankly, I think they're desperate to keep this money mill going, but they choose to essentially copy other people's games and movies, which is sad, and now it appears they enjoy copying their own games, as RE8 is basically almost exactly like 4 in just about every single way. Not to mention the recycled stuff from RE7, and RE8 wasn't that creepy. About the only scary part was the house with the dolls, or perhaps the factory, as that was... well... something out of the ordinary. But everything else was ass. Hopefully it won't win Game of the Year, but I don't think there is much to compete with it. So it more than likely will claim the top prize.

View attachment 1574

This was shared by someone on twitter. It's wesker's design in upcoming re:4's separate ways portion.

What do you think about it? I'm personally not the biggest fan of this. While it looks good, seeing wesker all in black looks much more charming than this.

DC Douglas denied that he shared this and did not breach any NDA, or is even under any Capcom/RE contract.

Twitter mob is out to cancel him at the moment.

View attachment 1574

I really like the look of this tbh, it gives me some hope that this remake might be one of the better, more faithful ones!

Yama

Owner
Actually a huge fan of this look, very nice. I can't lie, the thought of RE:4 happening just seemed like "why" at first, but seeing art from Separate Ways immediately got me hyped.

Actually a huge fan of this look, very nice. I can't lie, the thought of RE:4 happening just seemed like "why" at first, but seeing art from Separate Ways immediately got me hyped.
His uniform gives me serious Evil Within vibes, it has much more detail than his black tuxedo.

Top Bottom