• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 Resident Evil 3 will be available April 3rd 2020

I got mail from Capcom:

RESIDENT EVIL™ 3 MODERNIZES THE CLIMACTIC EVENTS OF RACCOON CITY IN APRIL 2020
Outlast the Terrifying Nemesis in Resident Evil™ 3 or a Devious Mastermind in the Online Asymmetrical Multiplayer Game Resident Evil™ Resistance​
s.gif
LONDON – Dec. 10, 2019 – Today on PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast, Capcom celebrated the 20thanniversary of the survival horror classic Resident Evil™ 3: Nemesis by unveiling a completely reimagined Resident Evil™ 3. On the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil™ 2, this highly demanded follow-up in the 94 million unit selling franchise once again utilizes Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to complete the Raccoon City story arc. Resident Evil 3 stars Jill Valentine – one of video games’ most iconic heroines – as she escapes from a crumbling Raccoon City while being pursued by the unrelenting bioweapon Nemesis. Players can also participate in previously untold Umbrella experiments on the outskirts of Raccoon City in the included online asymmetrical multiplayer game Resident Evil™ Resistance, previously known as the working title Project Resistance. Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020.

Resident Evil 3 is set amidst the nightmarish outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon developed by the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Corporation. The game marks the debut of Nemesis – a towering humanoid bioweapon designed for both brutality and high-functioning intelligence – whose dogged hunt of S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine made him an icon of the Resident Evil™ series. Armed with an arsenal of high-powered weaponry and wrapped in a black suit to hide his mutilated features, Nemesis will maim, pulverize or destroy any obstacle on the path to his target.

Jill’s harrowing escape takes place in the panic-stricken hours leading up to and following the events of the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2. Intense combat and puzzle solving combine to deliver the heart-pounding final chapter of Raccoon City’s collapse. The horrific settings from the original game and new content come to life as never before with RE Engine, previously utilized to create the acclaimed Resident Evil™ 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry™ 5 with high-definition graphics and modernized gameplay mechanics.

Complementing the action-packed single player campaign is Resident Evil Resistance, an asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 multiplayer game originally unveiled as a working title at Tokyo Game Show earlier this year. As the Mastermind behind the scenes, players can assume the role of key Resident Evil characters like Annette Birkin in a series of deadly experiments. Manipulate the environment and wield a deck of cards to place vicious creatures, set traps and weaponized security cameras to snare hapless Survivors. A first for the franchise, Masterminds can even directly control elite bioweapons like G-Birkin and Tyrant. In turn, four Survivors must effectively work together, making the most of a variety of weapons and each player’s unique special abilities, to stand a chance of escaping the experiment before time runs out.

Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020. Those who pre-order will also receive the exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features the original design for Jill Valentine and hairstyle for Carlos Oliveira (Please check with your retailer to confirm they’ll have this pre-order bonus available).

An announcement trailer providing the first look at Resident Evil 3 along with additional assets can be found at the Capcom Press Center: www.capcomeuro-press.com.
s.gif

Attachments

• Screenshot 13.png
    Screenshot 13.png
    305 KB · Views: 0
Oh yeah. They definitely need to make the Revelations series a trilogy, and bring back Billy Coen. ;)

Who knows? Maybe after RE3 comes out, there will be a lot more RE games in the pipeline, and maybe another animated film. I'm kind of glad that the spin off comes with the game, but we eventually started to predict this was gonna be the case anyway.

I'm glad Capcom has seen the light, following an extensive dry spell. However, I know people had mixed feelings on RE7. It didn't feel terribly like a RE game in general, and not just because of the change in perspective. But hopefully RE8 picks up where RE7 left off, but returns the franchise more and more back into third person survival horror, since hey, Bethesda killed it this decade with their games.

But looking at that trailer for Resident Evil: Resistance with the woman panicking, it was in fact shown from a first person perspective. So maybe there's an option for it.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Probably not. It's too big to be a expansion of another. According to Dusk Golem there are no current plans for a CV Remake but if RE3make will be successful (I'm pretty SURE it will), they might reconsider it. I suppose RE8 and Rev3 are more likely for now.

Last edited:
This guy never shuts up! Is there even a PS4 game that this dude likes? :ROFLMAO:

OK. So RE 2 and RE 3 not quite being like the originals is a bit... meh. Sad, kind of. Maybe some folk are left feeling let down. But I mean, what can you really expect in 2019?

You've got to roll with the times. Capcom has to cater to more than just the 1998/9 crowd, after all. Modern gaming fans like third person and fast action, so you can still have that in a horror game. Besides... RE always did sort of have action mixed in with horror. That's just how it is. Hell, even Silent Hill is arguably still action oriented to a degree. It's not mentally healthy to live in the past and harp on about an outdated style forever more. Be grateful this is RE 4 style with the spirit of RE 2 - and not the other way around. However, I do think that having fixed, third and first person modes is do-able. You know? I'd like Capcom to still consider that sort of thing, since The Evil Within 2 did it.

It appears that at the start of the game, we will have Jill running out of her burning apartment, seen from a first person viewpoint. You saw her leaping out of a window in the original, as zombies were closing in on her.

Top Bottom