[ 49 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 14:01 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
Captain Redfield wrote:
This idea of mine can stand out if executed properly but the biggest con is that we don't know how many fans out there are interested in this type of content... Not everyone is a Matias, John or Chris who are deeply interested in the lore :lol:

Well, hopefully this could change people's minds.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"And around here, family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker

EvilResident has received a thanks from: N7Valentine

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 14:51 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: RE: Revelations 2
I think saying a game has bad storytelling is always subjective because each person is different/has a different taste. People play RE for various reasons: Some play it for the horror, some for the lore/characters and some even play it for even other reasons. I know it sounds very general but it had to be said :razz:

I'll say this: RE's lore may be not 100% consistent but no game actually is. There may be many factors for that, such as changing the writing teams, change of the direction etc. We cannot say for what happens behind the scenes.

I think RE's lore is good, despite my pet peeves with it sometimes but the utilization of characters has become somewhat poor, imo. Otherwise it's great or do you think I'd be on this forums if I hated the series? Of course not! I've been playing the series since I was like... 6 years old? I know too young but my mom is a horror fan, so she allowed me to play such games :lol: In fact, she's a fan of the series herself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, If I do my research/analysis, I won't infuse my own bias/opinions into that. It's Capcom's properity, not mine. I'll be objective as it should be

Captain Redfield wrote:
Indeed, the Resident Evil story expanded itself way too much over the years and I know a lot of people that find it kind of complex when trying to fully understand all those details.
What I'm about to say might sound funny but it is the truth, you have to study the story and try to learn as much as you can :lol:

Theoretically, studying the lore of games is no more different than what I do at university :lol: Though the execution might be different than from an academical approach

Many games have expanded beyond their games. I cannot say how many hours I ended researching stuff to understand them better... and I'm a fan of many, many games :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't understand players, who play games without understanding anything... That's so weird man :lol:

I just wanted to say my hands are tied until Wednesday. I have two exams in Japanese, one tomorrow and one on Wednesday :roll: Ugh. I'm so happy when I finally graduate from university this year in summer and receive my f*cking diploma... Then it's さようなら大学

EDIT: I swear I'm gonna rage quite this forum for kicking me out constantly

N7Valentine has received a thanks from: Redfield_Chris08

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 14:59 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

N7Valentine wrote:
People play RE for various reasons: Some play it for the horror, some for the lore/characters and some even play it for even other reasons.

Of course, and that's fine too.
Quote:
but the utilization of characters has become somewhat poor, imo.

In regards to returning characters, I agree.
Quote:
I've been playing the series since I was like... 6 years old? I know too young but my mom is a horror fan, so she allowed me to play such games :lol:

My mom also helped hook me on horror, and let me watch things no child should probably watch.

Although the controls of classic RE were too much for my dumb kid brain. I had RE toys and watched an older friend play, though. Watched the Anderson films too. RE5 is what really pulled me in.
Quote:
I cannot say how many hours I ended researching stuff to understand them better... and I'm a fan of many, many games :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same. No one understands a nerd better than a nerd.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 19:09 
Chief of Police, co-conspirator

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
Looks like you have a mammoth project ahead of you.

Wish you good luck :wink: :lucky:

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 19:24 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Sonic Unleashed (360)
Well I wish you best if you decide to pursue this as a whole. From what you said, it's not going to be easy.

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2018 17:08 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard Remaster
PSN: matiasw93
Thank you for the support guys.I've been busy these days but I still thought about my little project. How does it sound? hahah

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2018 17:35 

Looks nice! You've merged the Western and Japanese title into one.

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2018 17:35 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

That looks great!

- Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2018 17:45 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard Remaster
PSN: matiasw93
Thanks guys! I heavily trust you guys and really wanted to know what you thought about that. I've been thinking a lot about the name and it sounded cool to me.
Although, do you think I should delete that. Not because of you guys around biohaze but someone could go ahead and just use this for their own channel or whatever, thus making my original idea look like a copy-cat if I create my channel after said someone. :lol:

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2018 17:53 

Nah, I don't think you have to :lol: Not many fans around here to steal your ideas

[ 49 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next