Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: RE Fanbase Gripes
PostPosted: Jan 08, 2018 9:52 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 6
PSN: matiasw93
As someone who constantly does a RE marathon at least twice a year, I must say. The series is fantastic overall, from the level design, soundtracks, enemies, story and iconic characters to the gameplay and fun factor.
The series simply evolved naturally, even the action complaints don't make much sense to me. I mean, after RE1 it was only a matter of time for a game like RE6 to exist.
The whole bioterrorism going global was a consequence of the Mansion Incident and Raccoon City destruction. Playing RE game after RE game made me realize how much RE the whole games are, some of them just belong to different time periods and using different technology but the RE I've known and loved ever since I was 9 to 10 years old is still there.
Looking forward to 2018! My biggest wish is Remake 2, Revelations 3 and as an extra, Outbreak remastered. That's all I'm asking until RE8 comes out.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2018 10:45 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
Captain Redfield wrote:
As someone who constantly does a RE marathon at least twice a year, I must say. The series is fantastic overall, from the level design, soundtracks, enemies, story and iconic characters to the gameplay and fun factor.
The series simply evolved naturally, even the action complaints don't make much sense to me. I mean, after RE1 it was only a matter of time for a game like RE6 to exist.
The whole bioterrorism going global was a consequence of the Mansion Incident and Raccoon City destruction. Playing RE game after RE game made me realize how much RE the whole games are, some of them just belong to different time periods and using different technology but the RE I've known and loved ever since I was 9 to 10 years old is still there.
Looking forward to 2018! My biggest wish is Remake 2, Revelations 3 and as an extra, Outbreak remastered. That's all I'm asking until RE8 comes out.

All I can say is I agree.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"Family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2018 12:34 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: Resident Evil 7
PSN: Goldsickle
The series has always followed its namesake: "Bio Hazard".

Whether it's a viral accident in a hidden lab deep in the woods, an outbreak in a city, an outbreak in a prison island or a worldwide bioterrorism, the games have always been one "Bio Hazard" after another.

The name "Resident Evil" may possibly skew expectations for something more toned down, quiet and slow-paced.

"Bio Hazard" represents the creators' original intentions, while "Resident Evil" is a hasty localization title for a game they didn't expect to sell more than 600,000 copies at the time.

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2018 17:53 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 6
PSN: matiasw93
This is why you should avoid the RE fanbase LOL
I just couldn't hold myself and replied to another wannabe, it was a long conversation but judging by this comment you can already see the type of "fan" he is:

"Of course people will hate RE4, 5 and 6 because of how action packed they are. Two of them can actually be qualified as good games but not good RE games, while 6 is just bad".

I give up.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2018 3:11 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: RE: Revelations 2
I've been reading this thread and all I can say: Welcome to the internet, where everybody has an opinion :razz: You have millions of people with the same amount of opinions. If you think RE has fans who complain nonstop then I suppose you haven't seen other fandoms online.

Anyway, I believe that everyone's entitled to their own opinion and should feel free to express them as long as they are respectful, but given the level of anonymity and the fact one does not talk face-to-face with each other on the internet, you can't always expect people to be happy and respectful. Some folks are just mean trolls with no other purpose in life than to piss off people for their own satisfaction but that's something you need to deal with it too. Biohaze has a fair number of fans on its forum, therefore you won't see as much complaints here.

As for RE7, the game was meh to me. They didn't really deliver anything other than more questions, I'm not overly fond of Chris' redesign and found the characters to be forgettable as well. The FP was another turn off for me, but that wasn't really that much of an issue for me since my interest lie (but also problems with RE) more within the narrative rather than just gameplay.
However, this is my opinion and I won't judge anyone who enjoyed it. More power to you guys, I guess.

I'll wait for Rev3, RE8 or any other RE project that will shed some light on certain things. I may not be much of a hard-core fan like some folks here but I'm still attached to the series since I've been playing it since I was 6. Let's see what happens next :razz:

Just my two cents

Chris :wink:

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2018 4:47 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
N7Valentine wrote:
I've been reading this thread and all I can say: Welcome to the internet, where everybody has an opinion :razz: You have millions of people with the same amount of opinions. If you think RE has fans who complain nonstop then I suppose you haven't seen other fandoms online.

Anyway, I believe that everyone's entitled to their own opinion and should feel free to express them as long as they are respectful, but given the level of anonymity and the fact one does not talk face-to-face with each other on the internet, you can't always expect people to be happy and respectful. Some folks are just mean trolls with no other purpose in life than to piss off people for their own satisfaction but that's something you need to deal with it too. Biohaze has a fair number of fans on its forum, therefore you won't see as much complaints here.

As for RE7, the game was meh to me. They didn't really deliver anything other than more questions, I'm not overly fond of Chris' redesign and found the characters to be forgettable as well. The FP was another turn off for me, but that wasn't really that much of an issue for me since my interest lie (but also problems with RE) more within the narrative rather than just gameplay.
However, this is my opinion and I won't judge anyone who enjoyed it. More power to you guys, I guess.

I'll wait for Rev3, RE8 or any other RE project that will shed some light on certain things. I may not be much of a hard-core fan like some folks here but I'm still attached to the series since I've been playing it since I was 6. Let's see what happens next :razz:

Just my two cents

Chris :wink:

I'm very aware of the fact the internet is teeming with that. I wasn't born yesterday.
But RE has it especially bad, as it's a franchise with a very divergent fanbase.

Problem is people build up these expectations as to what RE needs to be/do because a certain game did it out of the twenty something titles. It's silly to have all these stipulations after all this time.

While I obviously disagree with you on 7 (I have been wearing my love for it on my sleeves), I have no problem with you stating your opinion. It's the obnoxious ones.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"Family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker

[ 46 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5