[ 9 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Post subject: John Carpenter Thread
PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 14:10 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Anybody else going to see John Carpenter live? Check out his site for tour dates:
http://www.theofficialjohncarpenter.com/

He did a European tour last year and is back on the road to hit North America next. I didn't get to see him last time so I already made plans in travelling to Canada to see him. I figure I should do this before John is the next one to go, know what I mean? He ain't looking so well these days but glad he's got enough energy to rock it on stage.

He's got his Anthology album coming out soon too to kick off his tour.

Anyway, let's talk all about John Carpenter here. Just thought I'd plug his concert and album first! What are your favorite Carpenter movies, songs, etc.?

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 14:19 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Just heard that there's another Halloween film being developed, as if we really needed more. Still: I'd rather have a real sequel that ends the main story, as some of the later sequels were pretty dreadful. Knowing how these movies tend to operate, though, I'm sure Michael Myers will never truly "die" in the canon, as they'll want to carry on churning out more sequels, or just go with rebooting everything.

Jamie Lee Curtis will return, so they must be ignoring H20 and Resurrection.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 14:28 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

I believe John Carpenter is returning to score the Halloween reboot, and if it is true I hope he doesn't just simply rehash the themes he created for the first movie. Of course it should have the main theme but I'm hoping everything else is fresh.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 14:46 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I also think it would be cool to do more spin offs. Apparently, III was not supposed to be the only unrelated film, but I think it only made a modest amount at the box office so they opted not to do any more side story movies. That's a pity. It would be great to see overarching plot aspects.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 16:05 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: PSYCHO BREAK
phpBB [video]

Best video of all time. Love John Carpenter.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 18:27 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Dead Space series
XBL: EvilResident777
John Carpenter is undeniably one of the masters of horror. The Thing is a personal favorite.

He also plays video games, and said he would be willing to make a Dead Space movie. Can you imagine?

EDIT: He was involved in F.E.A.R. 3, but it's arguably poor state wasn't due to any contribution he made.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 18:55 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
I’ve seen him live in L.A. :cool:

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2017 9:05 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

EvilResident wrote:
He also plays video games, and said he would be willing to make a Dead Space movie. Can you imagine?

He did a soundtrack to a video game as well, called Sentinel Returns for the Playstation 1.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2017 10:20 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
I appreciate his work, but I can't see myself being bothered to go to that kind of event. Sit there and listen to score music? Some people may appreciate that a lot more than me, at least. Glad there's a good crowd for that out there but it's not for me to have much enthusiasm over.

[ 9 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic