PostPosted: Aug 05, 2017 17:28 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Any players here?

Post subject: Re: Pool & Snooker?
PostPosted: Aug 30, 2017 20:21 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Your links don't lead to anything at all.

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2017 9:34 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Sorry. I made my videos private. Some were already marked as private, and some weren't. So that's why.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 13:51 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Can we actually turn this into a topic about pool or? Maybe edit those broken links in the first post or something.

It's a shame there isn't really much of a demand for pool in this small town, and the fact the nearest place is on the other side of town. Haven't checked the place out just yet but I intend to one day. When I lived in the bigger cities I loved hitting up the local pool place that had like 30 tables in there. Love to play with my brother whenever I am in town to visit him.

How about ya'll? On my end it's just a hobby and I'm not a professional.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2017 14:15 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I suggest buying your own cue. Many of the cues supplied in the pool halls have blunt tips and that will seriously impact your play. Learn to do some basic trick shots. It certainly helps if you take your time and strike the white ball accordingly. Some people put too much force into their shots, which can cause the ball to "scratch."

Pool is good fun. I like 9-ball pool. It's usually a quicker frame than ordinary 8-ball.

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2017 10:19 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Never really played much pool in a public setting. My family used to rent out this clubhouse for holiday parties that had one and we always had fun playing a few rounds, but nobody was really all that good. Maybe one day I'll get my own pool table and practice up, but until then I'm definitely rubbish and don't get to play much.

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2017 14:05 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

You Died wrote:
I suggest buying your own cue. Many of the cues supplied in the pool halls have blunt tips and that will seriously impact your play. Learn to do some basic trick shots. It certainly helps if you take your time and strike the white ball accordingly. Some people put too much force into their shots, which can cause the ball to "scratch."

Pool is good fun. I like 9-ball pool. It's usually a quicker frame than ordinary 8-ball.

Any suggestions for a good cue? Maybe I'll grab it on Amazon or something. Wonder if they'd ship up here though...

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2017 13:27 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Yeah, Amazon should have cues. If you ask in the premises, they can sometimes put a new tip on for you if it needs one.

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2017 14:31 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Anybody know anything about the actual brands of pool tables? I'd say I'm about 2 years or so off, but I'd like to buy my own pool table once I have a bigger place, so might as well start researching them a little bit early as to what's a good amount to spend and any manufacturers to stay away from. Maybe something handmade?

[ 9 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic