PostPosted: Jul 23, 2017 4:00 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
Resident Evil Fan

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 5
PSN: estumas
Weskers Report wrote:
And here's his full script for the RE film he had planned buddy!

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

Interestingly I heard that the studio liked the script. It was Capcom that didn't l!

His script followed the films a lot more closely than that Anderson crap so it's weird!!!

I provided that script online, and got it confirmed via a member of Romero's family. That's why my old website address in it three or four times.

Bandage131 wrote:
I heard the opposite. Capcom loved the script because it was so faithful, the studio hated it because it was so faithful.

Weskers Report wrote:
Ahh! Okay...hmm I wonder which way it was then.

You could both read this feature on this very site which will answer those questions:

http://biohaze.com/specials/removie.html

Or this updated one I was inspired to post today:

http://tay.kinja.com/game-over-special- ... 1797168773

Smiley wrote:
I'll miss what could have been his bad Resi movie with the racist take on Barry.

:roll: It was only a first draft.

Profile WWW

Post subject: Re: RIP George Romero
PostPosted: Jul 23, 2017 13:38 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Resident Evil Revelations ×100
PSN: sevil_yelims
XBL: McDickins69
Romero was a pretty hit-or-miss writer/director and I'm not sure how well he could have handled RE with the work/alterations presented in his first draft alone. Seems like the kinda work Anderson did for his Apocolypse script.

That said, when Romero was good, he was great! No one will take away his accomplishments from Night, Dawn and Day of the Dead. Hell, there's a part of me that enjoyed Land of the Dead to some degree.

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2017 23:17 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
Resident Evil Fan

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 5
PSN: estumas
Smiley wrote:
I'm not sure how well he could have handled RE with the work/alterations presented in his first draft alone. Seems like the kinda work Anderson did for his Apocolypse script.

I'm not going to disagree with Romero's hit or miss filmography but there is no way in hell I can compare Romero's first draft with the mess that was Anderson's Apocalypse script, simply because Anderson already screwed the pooch on having to make it fit after the original film alone not even considering his inability to write a) horror, and c) coherent plots that don't need dips to white or maps to get around. (that a to c is a joke about Anderson's jumping around btw :p)

For the general complaints on that Romero draft about Chris and Barry in particular, so much of was fleshed out in the right direction for a film audience. And Romero understood getting a balance of horror to action as well as atmosphere in that draft script Anderson could only dream of trying to achieve. And at least he understood how to do the enemies decently.

I personally can only hope Wan producing and this guy who worked on the rebooted MK idea writing decide to go down the same path Romero took rather than Anderson. I don't mind action-horror in a Aliens kinda of way, but at least put some dread, isolation and horror in there too. Isn't that the point of what the Survival Horror part of this series always was to begin with?

Rombie has received a thanks from: An Herb Sandwich
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2017 2:47 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I'll have to watch Monkey Shines. I still love Creepshow loads. Where's my cake? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2017 7:48 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Dead Space series
XBL: EvilResident777
I actually did not know he had passed!
The first three Dead films are among my favorites, and I grew up with Creepshow.
R.I.P.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2017 13:31 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Man, I cannot get over all the famous people who have passed away over the past several years. George Romero is such a legend, but his death just came so soon to us. I'm surprised more sites didn't mention that the God of zombies is gone, but I think he got the credit he deserved in life, as his take on the zombie genre has reached so far now, with Resident Evil, The Walking Dead (which I think he was not a fan of) and Dead Rising. It would have been cool to have seen that George Romero RE film. Sadly, it'll never be.

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2017 17:06 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Dead Space series
XBL: EvilResident777
You Died wrote:
Man, I cannot get over all the famous people who have passed away over the past several years. George Romero is such a legend, but his death just came so soon to us. I'm surprised more sites didn't mention that the God of zombies is gone, but I think he got the credit he deserved in life, as his take on the zombie genre has reached so far now, with Resident Evil, The Walking Dead (which I think he was not a fan of) and Dead Rising. It would have been cool to have seen that George Romero RE film. Sadly, it'll never be.

His script called for alot, though.
It probably would have been filled with bad CGI, unless it had a monsterous budget.

No disrespect intended to the father of the Zombie genre, of course.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2017 15:59 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Sadly, Tobe Hooper died recently too.

[ 28 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3