[ 27 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Ash vs Evil Dead
PostPosted: Jul 10, 2017 21:39 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

I can't wait until season 3 starts. What a show! It's funny, scary, and gory too.

Post subject: Re: Ash vs Evil Dead
PostPosted: Aug 16, 2017 22:33 
First day on the force...
First day on the force...

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Having a solid knowledge of this web site helped me a lot.

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2017 3:53 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

Apparently, season 3 may be delayed. Don't know what's up with Starz at all. This series is hilarious...

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2017 9:47 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 7
I watched a bit of the first season. As much as I love Evil Dead, I don't think I was in a mood to really get into it at the time. I need to give this another shot and get caught up. Maybe I was just into way too many serious shows at the time and wasn't enjoying myself.

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2017 13:27 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

Rawhide, I think the humor in this show is very intentional. I know this series isn't going to be for everyone. But since Bruce Campbell is getting on in years, doing a revival now seemed kind of wise, and I think this series will get better, but Starz need to stop posting so many spoilers about what is going to happen and who Ash will meet.

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2017 14:55 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

You Died wrote:
Rawhide, I think the humor in this show is very intentional. I know this series isn't going to be for everyone. But since Bruce Campbell is getting on in years, doing a revival now seemed kind of wise, and I think this series will get better, but Starz need to stop posting so many spoilers about what is going to happen and who Ash will meet.

Oh yeah, even though the first Evil Dead movie was aimed to be straight-up horror, the second (which was sort of a remake anyway) as well as Army of Darkness turned hard towards silliness. I think I just need to be in the right mood to enjoy that. I do love Bruce Campbell all around, he's a riot.

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2017 14:57 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Rawhide wrote:
You Died wrote:

Oh yeah, even though the first Evil Dead movie was aimed to be straight-up horror, the second (which was sort of a remake anyway) as well as Army of Darkness turned hard towards silliness. I think I just need to be in the right mood to enjoy that. I do love Bruce Campbell all around, he's a riot.

the show is...okay.

I always thought Rawhide that the first film is genuine horror - I love it.
the second is a mix between comedy and horror - I love it.
the third is pure comedy - I love it.

One of the greatest film trilogies ever made.

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2017 3:36 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

I heard a rumor ages ago about a crossover, where Mia from the reboot would team-up with Ash. Sounds silly!

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2017 15:13 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Weskers Report wrote:
Rawhide wrote:
You Died wrote:

the show is...okay.

I always thought Rawhide that the first film is genuine horror - I love it.
the second is a mix between comedy and horror - I love it.
the third is pure comedy - I love it.

One of the greatest film trilogies ever made.

Exactly right. The first film took itself seriously, with a few unintentional laughs, but was definitely gory and all that. The series then progressed into what we have now. Army of Darkness is still an absolute classic though.

Rawhide has received a thanks from: You Died

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2017 12:05 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

Now apparently, viewers must get a Starz app. This is like what Steam does to avoid copy theft. :confused:

They say if enough people get their app, they'll consider doing a fourth season next year.

Is that the same thing as blackmail? I guess I cannot blame them. Maintaining interest is of course important.

[ 27 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next