Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121  Next
PostPosted: Nov 27, 2017 16:42 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 5
PSN: matiasw93
Robyn wrote:
I can understand that. My friend told me to watch the movie as more of a social commentary as opposed to a horror movie, so I did.
Spoiler:
Too many movies have the protagonist make it out alive, but if our boy was to end up getting shot by the police for what looked like murder, it would have cemented the narrative that Peele was going for. It would have made for a more powerful message but I liked the direction the film took and hope to see more movies from him given his direct involvement in the industry that is notorious for its shadiness.

Spoiler:
The real ending made justice to me, those bastards deserved it! :lol:

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2017 12:50 
Chief of Police, co-conspirator

Now playing: Biohazard 5 Gold Edition
Watched Mugen no Juunin (Blade of the Immortal) the live action adaptation of the manga and anime, i think it was ok, faithful in some stuff but a bit rushed. The whole movie i was thinking about Uroboros for some reason.

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2017 13:05 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Kevin Ryman wrote:
Watched Mugen no Juunin (Blade of the Immortal) the live action adaptation of the manga and anime, i think it was ok, faithful in some stuff but a bit rushed. The whole movie i was thinking about Uroboros for some reason.

that's really cool Kevin.

I'm no expert on Manga but I loved the Ninja Scroll anime film which is obviously based off them - you ever seen that one?

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2017 13:31 

Now playing: Biohazard 5 Gold Edition
Name does ring a bell, unfortunatelly i haven't seen it. Animation ressembles a lot if it's not the same as the one used in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. I'll add it to my to watch list.

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2017 16:31 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Come to daddy!

phpBB [video]

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2017 4:38 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
Finally saw Alien: Covenant. This doesn't sound good, but I honestly didn't know if I liked it after watching it. Mainly because it, like Prometheus, confused me. I was too busy trying to fit this mentally with the rest of the series to actually enjoy too much of it.

After looking up behind the scenes stuff and thinking about it more, It has begun to make sense.

Spoiler:
The thing that really confused me is how on earth that black goo is supposed to work, but I'm starting to get an idea.

My review? I think I actually liked it. That's a weird thing to say, but despite my gripes, it had some great moments. Any scene with the aliens was golden, and the Neomorph designs were great. Some really good ideas were present (along with some bad).
It doesn't touch the first two, of course, but it was better than Prometheus, and probably even Alien 3.

It doesn't retconn Aliens, btw.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

EvilResident has received a thanks from: Weskers Report

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2017 12:50 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

The hype is so real! My favorite movie franchise :razz:

phpBB [video]

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 19:50 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

EvilResident wrote:
Finally saw Alien: Covenant. This doesn't sound good, but I honestly didn't know if I liked it after watching it. Mainly because it, like Prometheus, confused me. I was too busy trying to fit this mentally with the rest of the series to actually enjoy too much of it.

After looking up behind the scenes stuff and thinking about it more, It has begun to make sense.

Spoiler:
The thing that really confused me is how on earth that black goo is supposed to work, but I'm starting to get an idea.

My review? I think I actually liked it. That's a weird thing to say, but despite my gripes, it had some great moments. Any scene with the aliens was golden, and the Neomorph designs were great. Some really good ideas were present (along with some bad).
It doesn't touch the first two, of course, but it was better than Prometheus, and probably even Alien 3.

It doesn't retconn Aliens, btw.

Good review buddy.

Nothing will ever touch the first two films.

Weskers Report has received a thanks from: EvilResident

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 23:56 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
Weskers Report wrote:
Good review buddy.

Thank you.
Quote:

Agreed. Alien is science-fiction-horror perfection, and Aliens is the perfect sequel. I'm really glad Covenant doesn't try to retcon the latter. I would lose a TON of respect for Riddly Scott if he did that.

Covenant might be the best Alien movie since Aliens. While that isn't saying too much, other Alien movies have redeeming qualities, imo. Even Resurrection and AVP had some excellent visuals.

Some games, like AVP (2010) and Alien: Isolation are fantastic.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2017 10:00 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

EvilResident wrote:
Weskers Report wrote:
Good review buddy.

Thank you.
Quote:

Agreed. Alien is science-fiction-horror perfection, and Aliens is the perfect sequel. I'm really glad Covenant doesn't try to retcon the latter. I would lose a TON of respect for Riddly Scott if he did that.

Covenant might be the best Alien movie since Aliens. While that isn't saying too much, other Alien movies have redeeming qualities, imo. Even Resurrection and AVP had some excellent visuals.

Some games, like AVP (2010) and Alien: Isolation are fantastic.

I think Alien 3 - especially the cut with the additional footage is the best after those two.

Alien Isolation is great buddy.

[ 1201 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121  Next