PostPosted: Sep 11, 2010 16:38 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Dead Rising is 'fun' but has no where near the interesting level of storyline, characters, monsters etc. And the gameplay while fun, is too gimmicky for my tastes. It's again 'fun', but it never really becomes anything of much interest as the focus of the game is mostly on just finding creative ways to kill zombies. No real threats or challenges, and after you've mowed through mobs of zombies for a few hours, it kinda loses it's appeal and starts to just become a chore and boring.

As they always say, too much of anything is never a good thing. Being able to blow through hundreds of zombies at once like they're nothign eventually takes its toll and you realize it's kinda boring.

When i see HUNDREDS of zombies like that, I wish for more blood lust and for them to all literally be trying to break down the place I'm in to eat me alive and make me fear for my life. Not for me to just walk around amongst them and push passed them like they're nothing more than annoying bugs i can swat away.

So I don't see DR becoming as relevant as RE. But, yeah.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2010 10:32 
Fur Ball
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Dota 2 and WoW: Panda Edition.
XBL: foxyareku
I'd say Dead Rising as a story just as good as RE, if not better. RE does have more likable characters though.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 2:48 
Mind Reader
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Skullgirls
XBL: JET SET DLZZY
FoxyAreku wrote:
I'd say Dead Rising as a story just as good as RE, if not better. RE does have more likable characters though.

RE DID have more likable characters. They are pushing it these days. RE4 Leon is UUHHHGGG. RE5 Chris is hilarious. They killed Wesker off so.....

Dizzynecro has received 2 thanks from: FoxyAreku, Sunglasses At Night

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 14:39 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Ignoring the story/plot aspect, DR was and will never be as immersive as RE as a pure game. Comparing DR1 since it's the only example so far, and the best RE had to offer with the old school games or RE4, there is no contest.

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 12:37 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

If less content and no demo weren't enough to keep you away from the PS3 version, perhaps the 2007 caliber port will:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... -2-faceoff

Sub-HD to boot. The comparison confirms that Case West is a DLC, not a standalone game.

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 15:06 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

PSN: SunAtNight88
XBL: SunAtNight88
Two more reasons to buy the game for the Xbox 360. =)

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2010 5:04 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Ouch. Granted I was going with the 360 on this regardless, but it's just one more reason. Just when you thought 2006 was over.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2010 7:25 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

PSN: SunAtNight88
XBL: SunAtNight88
Aside from the lower native resolution, I don't see any "major" difference. It's not like Mafia II where the PS3 version lacks of grass, blood and cloth movement, or like Red Dead Redemption where there are even missing environmental objects.
DR2 has less light effects, some low quality textures and a bit of screen tearing, but that is, overall is still gorgeous to look.
The real problem here is the missing DLC Case West, it's not a standalone game like Case Zero, so multi-console owners (those people that use PS3 as main gaming console) cannot buy the full game for PS3 and then purchase Case West for 360.
Some friends of mine are multi-console owners but they use PS3 as main gaming console (it's not that strange here in Italy, PS3 dominates the market here), so they bought the PS3 version because they thought Case West was a standalone game just like Case Zero... and they're pretty angry right now ahahaha

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2010 17:57 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
I don't even care so much about the graphical differences as much as I do the frame rate. Locked 30fps versus something that fluctuated from 20-30, that's gross and most definitely major.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2010 19:33 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

Yama wrote:
I don't even care so much about the graphical differences as much as I do the frame rate. Locked 30fps versus something that fluctuated from 20-30, that's gross and most definitely major.

That's actually the one area where both versions are on the level, and the 360 game does fluctuate from 20-30Hz. The PS3's fluctuates between 20 and above 30 without v-sync.. so tearing galore.

Of course, the fact that the PS3 version is running at mere 1024x576 vs full 720p tells you how iffy the code really is. Normally less stress on the GPU should equal a higher frame rate. Even the game size is smaller by 200MB or so. As it is, the PC versions seems to be the only real solid version but you'll still miss content.

Why we see this after nearly 4 years, and Capcom seeing tangibly better sales on the PS3 is baffling. Platinum's first true multiplatform game hit parity with flying colours, and I'm sure Capcom can too.

EDIT: A friend told me there is a patch out, and he's not seeing any tearing. Yay?

[ 21 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next