[ 11 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mar 04, 2017 2:54 
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard

A fan going by the handle Cryinghorn recreated the three floors of the main hall using Unreal Engine 4, and took a step further by remixing the music as well. He's made the playable code public, so be sure to check it out for yourself.

Source: Youtube via Facebook.

Thanks to danfromumbrella for the heads up.

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2017 5:13 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

I commend the effort. I really do. But...I'm not sure that a RE2 remake in the style of RE4 will sit well with fans. Hopefully when the 'real' remake happens, it won't be like this, because then one could argue across that it wouldn't truly be a remake.

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2017 14:35 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: RipvanX
It all depends on what works and what doesn't in modern day. It's safe to say RE2 Remake will be in the same vein as RE1 Remake and RE0 given their success. Unlike Square Enix and FFVII, I am confident it will be truer to the original but with new gameplay mechanics and areas. There is always the possibility of them screwing it up regardless, but all the classic fans can do is hope. Hopefully we see something this year.

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2017 17:01 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
You Died wrote:
I commend the effort. I really do. But...I'm not sure that a RE2 remake in the style of RE4 will sit well with fans. Hopefully when the 'real' remake happens, it won't be like this, because then one could argue across that it wouldn't truly be a remake.

Style of 7 you mean? It's first person.

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2017 6:09 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

I still don't care. I just want a RE2 remake like the RE remake, or nothing at all. :neutral:

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2017 11:39 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Don't get me wrong that's my preferred way to experience it as well. ( maybe with a fixed camera VR option too)

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2017 5:43 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

Capcom needs to stop living in 1998 as well. That shit is buried. It's time they left it alone.

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2017 18:16 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

You Died wrote:
Capcom needs to stop living in 1998 as well. That shit is buried. It's time they left it alone.

To be fair, I would have rather got the RE2 Remake after RE1 Remake all those years back over all the side crap they gave us that took place in that era. Alas, we can't turn back the clock. I'm totally open to seeing what they do with the remake because as i said the original is always there to play and there are areas that could honestly be improved with the game.

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2017 6:36 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

They should do it like the remake, but with new areas and make it very tense. Although one could argue that 2 was never quite as scary as 1 anyway. But I can see where they need to add in new areas. The police station and the lab have tons of areas we cannot open, so maybe they could put in new maze like locations and the places in Outbreak we saw that were not in 2 or other games, with new enemies like purple plants, armor wearing cops, or something. Ones that aren't so easy to kill.

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2017 17:30 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
XBL: Symphony X 319
You Died wrote:
They should do it like the remake, but with new areas and make it very tense. Although one could argue that 2 was never quite as scary as 1 anyway. But I can see where they need to add in new areas. The police station and the lab have tons of areas we cannot open, so maybe they could put in new maze like locations and the places in Outbreak we saw that were not in 2 or other games, with new enemies like purple plants, armor wearing cops, or something. Ones that aren't so easy to kill.

I like this idea. Zombies that used to be cops wearing bulletproof vests makes a lot of sense and would require headshots (which also requires precise aiming). I'm even okay with them dropping ammo, as this also makes sense.

The lab in particular should be more open. Where are the stairways? Are we supposed to believe that scientists accessed different floors by carrying beakers and test tubes full of viruses up and down the ladder in the plant shaft? That may actually explain some things. Umbrella always did hire the brightest...

Also, bathrooms need to be added. Everywhere. I love the Outbreak series for its realistic layouts compared to the earlier games; there were bathrooms everywhere! Also, Outbreak's depiction of Raccoon actually felt like an American city, unlike the earlier games.

Given the more action-oriented style of 2, I think it would be acceptable in first person. This is a remake, and the original will always exist. Obviously, I also wouldn't mind it with the original third person cinematic angles, but I think it's unlikely we will see that.

[ 11 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2  Next