Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: RE: Revelations
Outbreak ID: LOL
PSN: BigStu1981
XBL: i r punish0rz
I think it depends.

If they pitch up next to my tent, are loud all night and don't clean up their mess afterwards - then absolutely.

That seems to be how the scene has been lately. I'm considering putting a deposit down on a caravan.

need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives
his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"
Carnivol, June 2010

I am the cause of all your problems...

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 16:28 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: resident evil 4 HD
PSN: agentwes3
XBL: leonskennedy23e
No stu i ment fps campers if you already knew that was what i ment but funny stuff man

Profile WWW YIM

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 17:52 
Mind Reader
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Skullgirls
XBL: JET SET DLZZY
I don't hate campers, just bad games. If camping is a legit strategy it's the game's fault not the player.

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 18:25 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 6
Dizzynecro wrote:
I don't hate campers, just bad games. If camping is a legit strategy it's the game's fault not the player.

I couldn't agree more. That pretty much sums it up. Most die-hard FPS players may tell you campers never prosper and only works to a certain point. I overheard a story of a bud of mine who was booted out of a BF3 game for camping too hard. Now I do not approve of that style of gameplay but if he and others exploit that mechanic, then there's something wrong with the game.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 19:21 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
It doesn't work, at least not in good games. ;)

Yama has received a thanks from: Dizzynecro
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 20:03 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Here's the thing. Camping can be annoying sure. But, it's a valid strategy. In a real war or fire fight, would you rush in constantly head first at enemies guns a blazing? Or would you hide behind something and wait to try and pick them off when an opening arose? Which is the safest and smartest strategy?

Obviously there's other strategies as well, but, camping is a safe and logical approach.

Thing is, if you know someone's camping, and know where they're camping, and you keep dying from rushing in on them and getting picked off, who's fault is that?

People camp ALL the time on RE5 Versus for example. Most of the 'self proclaimed' pros on that game can't win without it. But, here's the thing, if you lose to camping, it's usually your own fault.

If people are camping on me, I don't run up the ladder and try to take them head on. Because I know two of them are waiting for me with shotguns at the top of the ladder which will put me in the dying the second I get out of the ladder animation. So it's pointless.

Instead, I grenade, rocket, or snipe them out of their position to kill them and force them to respawn off of that position. Or simply grenade/flash/rocket/whatever through splash damage my points over the lead and then go and return the favor by running and hiding somewhere they can't hit me from so they're forced to come down from their camping position and seek me out.

Obviously you're talking about FPS' here and not Versus but the same logic still applies. If you know where they're camping, chuck a grenade on them, find a spot to snipe them from, or take a long way around behind where they are and come up from behind them when they're not expecting it. You have options, use them.

Don't just run in heads first guns ablazing like most people do and get pissed when you get killed easily for it.

Same thing on a fighting game. I'm not required to come to you and give you a 'chance' to hit me. I can run away and hide in the corner and turtle or whatever I want. There's no rule dictating I can't do just that regardless of how much it may piss you off. If I win through doing that, it's a valid win, again, regardless of how 'cheap' you may personally find it.

Games aren't made to cater to making things easy for you to win. If someone can find a way to to reduce the chance of them getting hurt while increasing their potential to hurt you in return, you should expect they're going to take it. It's just simple logic. Don't get upset because you have to 'work' to get around it. Just use your noggin', 'learn' how to deal with it, and take care of them.

It's that simple. Just because it's 'no fun' when you have to do that doesn't really mean anything. Again, games aren't designed with 'you' in mind. What's fun to you may not be fun to others. And vice versa. Learn to play the game, not dictate your own set rules on what is allowed and not allowed and expect others to magically follow them :)

And remember, people who run head first guns ablazing as their strategy are no more skilled than the people who rely on nothing but camping as their strategy. The true good player knows the game well and can deal with all of the strategies, use all types of strategies when necessary and more. Again, just learn the game, that's all.

IkariWarriorKH has received a thanks from: glue
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 20:16 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Minecraft 360 Edition
Outbreak ID: W3E71H
PSN: ResidentSidwell
XBL: Zementh
In games with Sniper Rifles like CoD and Battlefield it's a legit strategy, since that's what they are designed for and you can't counter it then learn new strategies, it's only if the map or game is so shoddily designed that it allows for no strategies for countering then I hate them.

[ 45 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next