PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 0:12 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
PSN: seanquan
XBL: seanquans
IkariWarriorKH wrote:
It's nice to know we'll be getting it soon but really was looking forward to seeing it before RE6. But, I guess they really can't push it up any further even if they wanted to because of the stupid RE movie coming out in September. Capcom wouldn't want to try and have the two movies competing against each other.

You're absouletly right. Capcom would never allow it. But the funny thing is if both of these movies were released on the EXACT same day, I would be willing to bet that Damnation would MURDER the next live action Resident Evil film at the box office.

I would love to see Paul "d-bag" anderson's face when he reliezes his movies are crap.

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 4:05 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Resident Evil 0
PSN: Tyrant_57
Quote:
I would love to see Paul "d-bag" anderson's face when he reliezes his movies are crap.

Amen.

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 9:37 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
A Ganado Zombie wrote:
IkariWarriorKH wrote:
It's nice to know we'll be getting it soon but really was looking forward to seeing it before RE6. But, I guess they really can't push it up any further even if they wanted to because of the stupid RE movie coming out in September. Capcom wouldn't want to try and have the two movies competing against each other.

You're absouletly right. Capcom would never allow it. But the funny thing is if both of these movies were released on the EXACT same day, I would be willing to bet that Damnation would MURDER the next live action Resident Evil film at the box office.

Sadly this isn't true. While Damnation would be the superior film all around, Retribution would surpass it in at the box office by leaps and bounds.

Mainstream action fans would account for 90% of the sales, not RE or horror fans. Retribution has star power in Milla behind it, is loaded with mindless action, and has an installed movie going fanbase that know what's going on already.

And in many cases people can go see it without knowing what's going on too and enjoy it for the mindless action. As well its a huge brand name known worldwide to movie goers.

Damnation lacks star power, recognition, or an installed fan base of movie goers. It being tied to the games limits its audience to existing game fans, as well it being a CG film also limits its audience further.

As much as I hate to admit it because the andersons movies are trash, Damnation is not going to pull in anywhere near the same numbers as Retribution will.

Sent from my Droid

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 11:23 
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Persona 4 golden/Destiny
PSN: RE1Greatest
Sadly I agree ^

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 18:35 
The Dragon
Chat Moderator

PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
I'm not familiar with CGI pulling in numbers period. (Full CGI that is.) Unless it's a kid's movie, that it.
Degeneration went straight to DVD, no?

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 20:37 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
PSN: seanquan
XBL: seanquans
Well since it's not going to happen I guess we don't need to debate it, but I was going under the assumption that Resident Evil fans would rise up and get anyone and everyone they could to see Damnation and prevent/discourage people form seeing the next RE.

But it's not going to happen, so oh well.

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 21:33 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Damnation will likely be a Blur-ray/DVD release outside Japan, just like last time.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2012 1:27 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
A Ganado Zombie wrote:
Well since it's not going to happen I guess we don't need to debate it, but I was going under the assumption that Resident Evil fans would rise up and get anyone and everyone they could to see Damnation and prevent/discourage people form seeing the next RE.

But it's not going to happen, so oh well.

Fanboys rarely if ever outweigh mainstream.

In pretty much anything, from tv to movies to video games etc. companies always rely on the mainstream casuals as the bulk of sales not the hardcore fans. Fans make up a very small percentage of actual sales. That's why you see so many tv shows, movies and games catering to mainstream, dumbing their products down and repeating the same tried and true practices over and over and over.

Even if the games have 500,000 hardcore dedicated fans who buy every game and stay with the series through it's entire life, which sounds like a lot, that's still not the same as the millions of casuals who go see see the movies, play the games or watch the shows. Even if each of those millions only see one or two movies or buy one or two games, there's still millions in general buying the stuff outside of the fans. So those 500,000 repeat buyers don't mean nearly as much as those millions who go and buy haphazardly. The latter still makes up more sales in the long run than the loyal fans do. It's all about numbers.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2012 4:26 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: FEAR 2, SC: Convection, C1
XBL: IronAvenger90
manhunter wrote:
Leon being center stage and kicking ass or Leon standing in the background while Alice does all the work again. Take your pick.

I choose A. cause I love Leon, and Anderson and Mila, are just going to kill the series if Leon is killed.

"Though a good fight every now and again, does make life interesting. Don't you think?"-Dante DMC4

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2012 9:01 
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Persona 4 golden/Destiny
PSN: RE1Greatest
Agent_Gundlach wrote:
I'm not familiar with CGI pulling in numbers period. (Full CGI that is.) Unless it's a kid's movie, that it.
Degeneration went straight to DVD, no?

Beowolf?

[ 22 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next