PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 7:41 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: RE: Revelations
Outbreak ID: LOL
PSN: BigStu1981
XBL: i r punish0rz
So i thought since the other topic has turned into a SupportOutbreak pro's and con's thread i'd start a new thread dedicated to the website. Can be used then in future for any updates on the scene. Plus i'm mega fucking bored at my mother's house and could do with something to type!

Just thought i'd go through some of the demands on their site...

Quote:
Have Outbreak #1 and #2 ported to current consoles in HD
This one's fair enough i think, and represents the best chance the Outbreak scene has of bringing the game back, makes the most sense to me! There's an outside chance that Capcom could do a God Of War and release them as a retail package, but i'm doubtful Outbreak is that important to Capcom.
Quote:
Resident Evil Outbreak #3
Crawl before you can walk at least! I think it'd be better to get the originals released digitally first and see how sales of that go! And to be fair, if Outbreak does get a file #3, i think the community is setting itself up for a fall, because i can't imagine Capcom making a game anything like the previous two.
Quote:
DLC content such as scenarios, characters and maybe costumes
Ignoring the fact i think requesting extra costumes is pathetic, scenarios and characters would be a given if the game was given a next-gen release, the game would be ideal for that sort of setup. Plus Capcom loves to make the extra buck wherever it can, so it'd be the perfect marriage
Quote:
Optional voice chat
Well, if you're getting a next gen release then you'd be getting voice chat whatever happens, there's no chance of Capcom denying party chat like Infinity Ward did with MW2.
Quote:
Shortened load times
I can't even think why this would be brought up! If you're that desperate for the game to come back surely a little thing like load times aren't going to keep you away from the game?
Quote:
Customisable controls
Resident Evil has had different control schemes in the past, but i can't remember if they've ever been customisable? Seems a bit of a soft request to me. Like i said about load times, are you going to turn the game down because have the buttons your own way?

The other stuff on there seems fairly routine and the sort of stuff you'd expect to see in a next-gen update so i'm not even sure why they've bothered to add them really. The list is too long as it is so i would've thought they'd want to cut it down as much as possible. Being honest, i admire what the SupportOutbreak team are trying to achieve, i just think they're going about it in the wrong way.

Discuss.

need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives
his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"
Carnivol, June 2010

I am the cause of all your problems...

Post subject: Re: SupportOutbreak.com
PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 8:01 
Wasting Ammo
Wasting Ammo

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak
Now playing: L4D2
I've been a lurker on here for quite a while (tried signing up the other day but it wouldn't let me >_<) but I'll make my first post here.

I really don't think it's fair calling them demands, the creator of the website edited it yesterday to stop people from thinking that list is what the fans are DEMANDING from Capcom. This is what he posted on Capcom-Unity

"I changed the list on the site to say "FAN SUGGESTIONS" because apparently, we're "demanding" things, so hopefully I made it a little clear to those who failed to understand in the first place.

That list is nothing more than suggestions people have posted in this topic, it's not like we want every single thing to be considered.. it was just an easy way of keeping everyones ideas in one place."

I was one of those people who contributed to that list, as have many other posters in the thread. It's basically for people to see what's already been discussed in that huge topic on there so new members don't bring up ideas that have already been mentioned. There's nothing demanding about it. The S-O site seems to get a lot of crap from people, anyone would think it was called www.wehateresidentevil.com

I think they're going the right way about it, there's already been featured on the main Capcom blog (something they were told by a MOD they wouldn't achieve without great effort) plus Sven has commented on the site itself and even said himself: "Currently there are no plans, but this is the right way to go about changing that" - horses mouth, I'll try and dig out his actual post in the huge topic lol

I understand why some people thought that site was demanding things, but it's nothing more than a bunch of ideas. The main thing we'd like is a port.

Steph

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 8:08 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Welcome aboard. Stick around!

But yeah that's basically how it comes across to me. I open the site up and BOOM, it's right in my face, this big list of things people want, right below "WE WANT A NEW GAME OR A PORT!!". Has always just seemed a bit excessive to me.

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 8:12 
Wasting Ammo
Wasting Ammo

That's kind of the idea lol ^_^

So when people sign up to Unity and visit the site, they will see what's already been discussed in the thread and not bring up something that was already brought up months ago. All we really want is a port of the game. However I agree on the file 3 thing, there's no chance of them randomly starting work on a file 3. A port is a more reasonable request imo.

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 8:23 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Agreed. I've said on here before that they could just release three or four scenarios on XBLA or PSN to test the waters, to see if there's enough of a demand and then release more scenarios as time goes on.

Not that i reeeeally think any of this is ever likely. I just don't think gamers outside of the Resident Evil community cared enough about Outbreak (in it's current form_ for it to be worth Capcom's time. It's obviously not hard to find people in the community who want RE back, but that community is such a tiny percentage of the gamers in general i can't imagine it happening.

The one positive in Outbreak's favour is that Resident Evil is a whole different beast now compared to how it was when the game's were originally released.

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 8:27 
Wasting Ammo
Wasting Ammo

Plus when the games were originally released, it wasn't as easy to get online as it is now. I think that's a huge factor, too.

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 8:32 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

True, hadn't thought of that actually. But yeah, that and voice chat like i mentioned would be a big advantage now.

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 10:16 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 6
Now playing: MK9
Nah, there should be no testing. If Capcom can waste effort on porting REzero to the Wii with no important upgrades, or any significant demand, and the Gamecube version can run on the Wii fine. Outbreak should just be ported with File 1/2 combined with all the "File 3 NPC's" and any scrap scenario's they might have planned but canned, and call it a day.

Also make it DLC for PSN, and Live

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 10:39 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Jimx190 wrote:
If Capcom can waste effort on porting REzero to the Wii with no important upgrades, or any significant demand, and the Gamecube version can run on the Wii fine.
Difficult to say they wasted effort really though, REmake and Zero are already historically two of the laziest ports of all time, and that's saying something for Capcom haha

Jimx190 wrote:
Outbreak should just be ported with File 1/2 combined with all the "File 3 NPC's" and any scrap scenario's they might have planned but canned, and call it a day.
Which would take considerably more effort than the Wii ports.

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2010 11:10 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: Versus and only versus
PSN: DirectControl
Yes, outbreak is very hard to port, considering that they would have to enchance graphics, overhaul the online capabilities, add trophies / achievements, include voice chat and other stuff.... It would really be easier to just make a new game from scratch.

[ 151 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Biohazard Outbreak Online

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next