Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Post subject: Virtual Reality Gaming
PostPosted: Mar 19, 2016 22:04 
The Lesbian
Chat Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
With the new wave of Virtual Reality coming in, I've been seeing loads of promotions for Oculus, VO, Samsung Gear, and the list goes on and on. To me, all of this technology is relatively new, but a friend was telling me about a previous generation of failed Virtual Gaming Machines from late 80's-early 90's.

I've seen prices ranging upwards of $600. Now, by what I have read, you have to have a smartphone or a high-end computer to access the games.

To me, VR is just a huge gimmick and pretty useless to the average gamer. After reading articles about how people have become so engulfed with what's in front of them, they end up acting out in reality rashly and consequentially- this CAN be remedied by using the gaming plate to "up your game!" and "put yourself in the center of the action!" foooor an additional 3 figure price. I also wonder what kind of games will be VR only (can they do that?)- Making a A game exclusive to it?

I know so many people on these forums are casual gamers at least and I was wondering what everyone thinks about these VR systems. Is this the start of a new era in gaming that will one day become affordable and desired? Or will it be the PS Vita in gaming and just be undermined by the popularity and accessibility of console games. I'm genuinely interested in learning more about what the average gaming consumer thinks about this or if anyone has yet to even TRY it.

NOW, I'm not knocking anyone who is interested in VR or even planning on purchasing it, but I just want to know regardless. :lol:

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2016 22:11 
Monster
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard
I don't see it taking hold and will probably go the way of 3D displays sooner than later. Especially with the entry price starting at $400 for PSVR. Personally, I'm not interested either and I think higher resolutions and better tech is about as much basic advancement games need from a tech standpoint. Everything else is purely creative.

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2016 0:23 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Biohazard Outbreak
Outbreak ID: hobbes
PSN: hobbes_182
XBL: hobbes x182x
I think the VR fad will end quickly, just like 3D TVs.

It could be put to good use for simulations/architectural visualization, I don't really see it as a main stay in the game room. It could do really well as a multiplayer experience in an Arcade environment, sort of like the old Cruisin' USA cabinets.

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2016 16:06 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: RipvanX
There comes a point where I draw the line for gaming, and that is VR and mobile. I am cemented in my ways. Having a decent sized TV with a console/computer and a controller is the best way to experience gaming for me. Nothing against the people who enjoy the two, but I use gaming as a way to escape life while I am at home. It should be nothing more than a toy or entertainment, and when that toy gets closer to replicating real life or disrupting my everyday activities while I am out and about it becomes self-destructive.

RipvanX has received a thanks from: SG79

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2016 5:41 
Giveaway Zombie
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Ace Attorney
PSN: Jurkka
3DS: 317968275974
In Finland PS VR costs like 450€ (499$)
Sucks...

Profile WWW
 [ 5 posts ]